Monday, July 5, 2010

July 5, 2010


Today my roommate and I got up early and we were on the steps of the Smithsonian American History Museum when it opened. We took a guided tour which was great - got to see the ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz, and Archie Bunker's Chair - plus some lovely first lady dresses and the original Star Spangled Banner. We met all of our 25 other participants - we're from 15 different states - lots of interesting people - I think I am the oldest, but there are several "older" teachers as well. Teaching areas are diverse from elementary to college and English to Social Studies. We were given all kinds of information and paperwork and then sent into the museum in search of artifacts. Met for a delicious dinner with a Holocaust Survivor and more instructions to boot! Tomorrow we have classes from 9-12 - then head back to the hotel to get our luggage and off to Dulles airport. We fly to Frankfort and then to Tel Aviv - not getting there until Wednesday!! I hope I have a good seat!

1 comment:

  1. I bet seeing the fireworks in person was a thrill. Sounds like you'll be kept busy on this trip. Hope you were able to get an aisle seat on your flight.

    ReplyDelete